Hey Everyone! We have a few announcements about upcoming changes, so be sure to carefully read below.
- Friday Open Gym will be off the schedule, but trainers will periodically host a class and possibly a happy hour in the gym after.
- Thursday nights will feature Back to Basics! This will give us an opportunity to revisit and master the fundamental movements of CrossFit. However, don’t let the name fool you. This will not be a cake walk. The movements will be basic, but just like any other class, the workouts can be scaled up or down as appropriate. This will start next Thursday, April 26th. Stay tuned for more info!
- The last Saturday of each month will be Bring a Friend Day! You’re not required to bring a friend, but this will be a free class if you do!
- Due to low attendance, Tuesday and Thursdays at 830/900 will be off the schedule. We may reevaluate this in the summer.
- We are also in the process of developing something for kids!! Stay tuned!
Finally, we will be highlighting one client a week for awhile to learn a little about each other and get to know some of the faces you don’t see very often. Brooke will be reaching out to you at some point to ask for a pic and a couple things about yourself.
Our first highlight is Matt Vandagriff (one of our Biggest Loser winners).
Here’s info on how long he’s been at Crossfit Kirkwood and three things about him:
I have been at CFKW for almost two years. I moved to Kirkwood from Houston, TX where I had been doing CrossFit for a few years before. I joined CFKW, because of the wonderful atmosphere and community.
Three things that I want people to know about me:
1. I have an amazing wife named Krissi and three tremendous kids, Thomas (10), Carolyn (8), and Helen Mae (7).
2. I am the senior pastor at Kirkwood Baptist Church, which was the impetus for my family moving from Houston to Kirkwood. The good news, however, is that just because I am a pastor you do not need to feel obligated to confess your sins to me or talk about the last time you went to church, I’m not taking attendance.
3. I hate running, I mean I absolutely detest all forms of running. I would always rather have a barbell in my hand than to run anywhere!!
Amazing work, Matt!! It’s such a pleasure to have you in class!